Top Reasons Why You Should Choose Wrought Iron Gates
Your home is your castle - beautiful, functional, and elegant - it speaks volumes about you, the resident. Gates mark the entrance to your castle, and wrought iron gates add not only beauty to your home, but make a statement reminiscent of homes from the Colonial and Victorian eras.
At family-owned Riverside Ironwork Canada Inc., we’ve been designing, manufacturing, and installing metal fences, stairs, and railings in North Vancouver for more than 70 years, offering affordable, high-quality service to all our customers. To ensure your satisfaction, before we start manufacturing a product, you receive computer drawings and sketches to review. To better aid you in your decision-making process, we offer free quotes, fast responses, and friendly customer service as well as sound information, like the content of this blog, to ensure efficient and excellent results.
Wrought iron has been used to build the history of the world’s innovations from structures to everlasting historical landmarks. The term ‘wrought iron’ comes from the past tense form of the verb ‘to work’. Throughout time, many historic forms of the English language have fallen out of use and after a long period of time the word ‘wrought’ became replaced by ‘worked.’ So the term wrought iron means worked iron.
Here are a number of reasons why you should consider wrought iron gates or fencing to make your property stand out in the neighborhood with very little effort:
- Wrought iron is more resistant to rust than regular iron because it is an alloy.
- Easy maintenance, a paint job will sustain the appearance of the gate for about 10 years.
- Durability, it’s a tough material resilient to bending, denting and shock making it more impact resistant compared than most other types of material used for making gates.
- Security, wrought iron gates form excellent barriers keeping kids and pets out of trouble and prevent unwanted guests from gaining access to your property.
- Customizable, the shape can be any design you want, something many other materials can’t do.
- Artistry, the iron forging process and the manual working with special tools produces an end product that looks stunning.
- Repairs can be easily made by a professional who specializes in wrought iron gates.
- Value, wrought iron gates adds a certain charm and as a result, increases the resale value of your property.
- Personalized styles such as curves, decorative twists, and elaborate scrolls or even your initials allow you to make the boundaries of your property your own.
- Environmentally sustainable materials that can be recycled, sold for scrap, or sold as architectural salvage as there’s a high demand for wrought iron fences and gates amongst professionals.